The Manager IT Application Administration role will focus on the leadership and management of the IT Application Administration team as well as end user device management. This team is responsible for corporate-wide application administration, end user device management and over all Tier 1-3 support for the applications supporting the business. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include but are not limited to the following: ( Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
- Manage a complex, large portfolio of enterprise applications that includes tools that support critical business operations, corporate financial management, collaboration/workflow tool and integration applications. This includes an integrated ERP system (JD Edwards), Microsoft Office 365, Mulesoft and many others.
- Manages end user device projects and monitors effectiveness in meeting the business needs architects, designs, and makes recommendations for secure and effective end user device technology solutions and management.
- Provide leadership and manages a staff of direct reports and outsource vendors in functional areas that include, but are not limited to, enterprise applications, IT service Desk, end user client computer hardware and software, and security.
- Manages application licenses expenses and compliance within the department and is responsible for developing, monitoring, and meeting budget goals and objectives.
- Responsible for procurement, installation and life-cycle maintenance of end user hardware and enterprise application software
- Works in close collaboration with IT and business teams and IT management to deliver overall exceptional IT services in application performance and availability.
- Formulate, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, work instructions, and training plans for the operations and management of the IT Applications and end user devices, ensuring internal control exists over the building, maintenance, and operations of the IT application systems and processes.
- Participate in the formulation and development of IT strategies with the IT Leadership Team
- Understand current and future technology trends and make recommendations of solutions and standards that meet the business needs and drive improvements
- Maintain control over change management, problem management, user access provisioning, Application continuity planning, and all other internal IT processes for purposes of compliance with SOX requirements
- I nterface with internal and external auditors, providing supporting compliance documentation
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION:
- 10-15 years progressive experience in IT systems and management responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of broad Application management experience, preferably supporting enterprise applications for a global organization with many sites.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in application development or application support services
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in developing and maintaining ITIL processes and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Microsoft license/vendor management and renewals including best practices in O365 configuration and management.
- 6 years technology experience with Enterprise Application software, ERP system management considered a plus
- 6 years' Experience with Active Directory related operations, including design, monitoring, and troubleshooting. 3-5 years' Experience in cloud system management, O365
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong customer service orientation and ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- End user Device technologies expertise and standard configuration system management thru use of SCCM or MDM tools.
- Project Management skills considered a plus
- Bachelor's degree in, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Industrial Technology, Computer Sciences, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Eight additional years of related experience may substitute for the degree requirement
- Preferred Certification(s): Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); ITIL
- Light travel required (<25>
- Participation in 24x7 on-call pager rotation and regular weekend deployment activities
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or