Society for Science & the Public is a non-profit 501(c)(3) membership organization headquartered in Washington, DC. The Society's mission is to engage the public in science. Our vision is to promote the understanding and appreciation of science and the vital role it plays in human advancement: to inform, educate, and inspire.
Society For Science & the Public is seeking a dynamic Manager of Information Technology with a great personality and excellent problem-solving skills under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer. The footprint consists of VMware and Windows Servers, Mac and Windows workstations, VOIP phone systems, firewall, switches, wireless controller, printers, copiers, and AV equipment. This candidate will also serve as the principal liaision with technology vendors organizaitons events throughout the year.
- Interact with staff members to resolve IT related issues and respond in a timely manner.
- Performs daily system monitoring and advanced administration, monitoring, and support of systems software, monitoring tools, archiving systems, etc.
- Train staff on organizational technology and software.
- Manage VOIP and AV equipment.
- Installs and configures software, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Oversee installation, implementation, and maintenance of all hardware and software.
- Stays current on applicable system hardware features and trends to effectively recommend and specifgy system configurations to meet businss and applicaiton requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the IT network, including the servers, filters, wired and wireless networks.
- Oversee systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Maintain the IT infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain system documentation and technical manuals.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain, support and improve the office infrastructure. Create and maintain network documentation.
- Field incoming requests via e-mail and phone in a professional manner.
- Resolve issues with the use of research, helpdesk tools, and remote access software, as well as in person.
- Help set up new users. Such as creating accounts, ordering and setting up of equipment, software upgrade. Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Managing VMware servers and Microsoft Servers.
- Manage Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience with Office 365 and hosted Exchange servers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for learning new software and IT applications.
- Ensure IT services delivery in timely manner.
- Calm and ration thinking under pressure.
- Flexibility for light traveling and occasional weekend maintenance and projects.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field - Required
- 5+ years in IT/IS
- VMware vSphere administration and support
- Disaster recovery implementation and maintenance
- Desktop support for Windows and Mac
- Windows Server administration and support for Server 2008/2012
- Windows SQL support for 2008 and higher
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP ADministration
- HP SErvers build, configure, and support
- Experience Switches and VOIP
- Client PC connectivity - Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN.
- Experience with Mobile devices (iOS, Android).
- Experience with Audio Visual Equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and higher versions.
- Hosted Exchange Server administration and Office 365
The Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Society for Science & the Public is committed to equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, the Society does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, ancestry, national origin, disability, personal appearance, family responsibilites, matriculation, political affiliation, age and/or any other categories protected by the laws of the United States or the District of Columbia.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (salay history is acceptable), via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.