Infrastructure / Network Architect
Expert Technical Solutions is seeking an Infrastructure / Network Architect for one of our premier, industry leading clients in Norcross, GA. This person will lead all aspects of the company's technology infrastructure and assist within the cybersecurity environment. This role is responsible for the delivery of all IT services and operations including Hardware/Software/Network/Services, from each desktop through and including each Data Center, vendor hosted and cloud environments.
This is a permanent position offering strong compensation and outstanding growth potential!
- Define and determine the strategic direction of information technology, but also responsible for the implementation, planning and execution.
- Lead both direct reports as well as managed service providers, for all Infrastructure, Network, and Cloud activities for the IT Department
- Determine need for and develop IT Infrastructure budget and project definitions for strategic technology initiatives, prioritize the approve initiatives
- Defines system architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation, and problem-solving ability to organization
- Perform SLA contract management and oversee contract operations for all IT Infrastructure service levels, Govern service providers
- Design, support, and maintain network devices in a highly complex environment.
- Manage network infrastructure including programming of switches, firewall policy review and updates, segmentation, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair network software and hardware issues
- Monitor systems for errors and performance problems
- Design and manage a governance framework to ensure proper enforcement of identity and access security.
- Facilitate and manage the development, modification, and operation of security protocols including intrusion detection and prevention systems to protect the organization information from breach or loss
- Develop and/or provide training and guidance on acceptable use, risk management, incident response and security protocols to employees
- Create a stable infrastructure through scalable, secure, and proven processes and technology implementations.
- Maintain Infrastructure Architecture Direction, standards, policies & guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree, MIS, Computer Science or Engineering
- CCNA certification; ITIL Foundation or better, preferred Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) highly preferred
- 10+ years of Network / Systems Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience managing IT Disaster Recovery strategies
- 5+ years’ experience configuring and supporting global Cisco network equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc.)
- Cyber Security experience highly preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies including Cloud technologies and strategies
- Extensive knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies a plus
- Experience in managing enterprise identity and access management platforms