The application team fields calls about mortgage loan origination technology systems from all of the company's channels: Retail, Wholesale, Joint Ventures, and Preferred Partnerships. Application manager’s mission is to support our sales roles (e.g., loan officers, brokers) use of origination systems, as well as our mortgage fulfillment/operations use of origination systems, via call center support.
The Application manager manages a team of approximately a dozen loan processing support agents, to ensure customer service focused, highly knowledgeable support of these important stakeholders.
- Manages a team of approximately a dozen people with mortgage loan processing and customer service backgrounds
- Ensure the timely execution of tasks within the Team.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and customer service within the Team
- Establishes policy and procedures for customer support handling. Analyze and optimize Team work-flow. Researches escalations and recommends corrective action and continuous improvement
- Responsible for quality management including periodic scorecards of agents, reviewing calls and tickets, and the team’s achievement of service levels (e.g., wait time, customer satisfaction surveys, response and resolution times)
- Leads ongoing training program to ensure agents understand any changes to the origination systems, coordinating with other parts of the organization (e.g., application development team, Retail business leadership, Wholesale business leadership, national training group, etc.)
- Prepare and maintain staff schedules ensuring sufficient coverage to meet service levels
- Analyze reports, data and staffing to manage call center volume and identify end user experience improvement
- Lead governance meetings providing updates, metrics to leads, supervisor and other business channels
- Responsible for hiring, performance warnings, terminations and employee reviews
- Review and approve timecards
Critical Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years mortgage processing experience, preferably underwriting role
- 1 year or more experience as a supervisor/manager of a mortgage processing/fulfillment team or a call center team