Manager of Software Development/Business Applications
Seeking an experienced and motivated individual to lead and manage business application team and work a dynamic, high-tech manufacturing company. Will manage the day-to-day technology operations and staff for the Business Applications and Systems Department. Directly manage a team consisting of application developers, administrators and business system analysts to ensure that global business applications and systems are implemented, properly maintained, supported and secure. Primary IT representative for the business applications assigned to their portfolio and acts as the application owner. This is a highly visible and influential role that supports a number of critical business functions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the development and implementation of corporate and department initiatives, and issue resolution.
• Manage application lifecycle management and successful delivery of projects and enhancements
• Manage staff and be accountable for personnel actions, including hiring, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary action and termination.
• Be responsible for ensuring that key goals are met on a short and long-term basis by leading the IT team on crucial projects within the accepted time and resource constraints.
• Research and present new technical offerings to improve efficiency and internal controls.
• Ensure a secure framework and change management process to mitigate risk.
• Review and confirm that requirements and resulting systems are documented and that all best practices and standards are followed.
• Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders at all levels to ensure alignment with their business objectives and strategy.
• Plan, schedule, and manage onsite technology operations.
• Develop annual goals and objectives for the function.
• Manage risks related to financial and security compliance and also risks relating to project and program delivery.
• Assist with the management of the Business Continuity program.
• Provide on-call support for the business operation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience initiating, leading, delivering and managing cross-functional projects ranging from large transformation initiatives and custom solutions to cloud offerings; experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise performance management (EPM).
• Proven experience working and partnering with business controls and internal & external audit reviews.
• Experience with best practice integration methods and having worked in complex integration environments using on premise and cloud infrastructure; components of integration will include Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce.com (SFDC) and various .NET platforms.
• Experience with one or more Development methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile).
• Knowledge of database design and management.
• Knowledge of security controls and user administration.
• Experience translating business problems into IT solutions via a structured methodology.
• Thorough understanding of project management, resource management methodologies and project life cycle process.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage, coach and train staff.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work cross functionally within IT and the business.
• Mentoring and coaching skills.
• Experience working in a controlled and validated environment (Sarbanes Oxley) preferred.
• Knowledge of and ability to administer personnel actions, including performance and salary reviews, hiring, discipline and termination.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and operations, with preference for knowledge of accounting and finance.
• Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes preferred.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field required. Computer science or management information systems degree preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience required in the business application domain focusing on ERP/EPM systems, including 3+ years in a leadership role.