We are on the hunt for a Manager of Software Development who is hands-on and is an outcome-oriented technology leader with extensive experience designing, building, and supporting modern Web services.
- Partner with content/editorial teams to understand the requirements needed to build a world-class Web application.
- Partner with other tech leads and senior engineers across multiple teams and organizations to gather system requirements, gut-check new feature proposals, and drive large system improvements.
- Provide the team with the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success.
- Responsible for the group's technical strategy and roadmap; creating success metrics in close collaboration with other engineering and product managers.
- Experiment with new technologies and conduct proof-of-concepts, which are then presented to tech peers and the CTO.
- Mentor each engineer in professional development by helping them build and execute personal development plans that map to our organization’s goals.
- Aggressively recruit and hire talented engineers.
- 5 years of experience developing and supporting high traffic websites.
- Experience leading teams of software developers that have built enterprise and consumer-grade Web apps.
- Hands-on experience in architecting, using industry leading frameworks and design patterns using React.
- Expertise in advertising and analytics integration.
- Ability to work with product development teams that include a product manager, designers, user experience professionals, developers, QA, and editorial/content production staff.
- Experience practicing contemporary software development methodologies: Agile, Scrum, XP, etc. with a clear focus on app security, performance, and maintainability.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with experience developing and instilling a culture of broad product ownership.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with our Overland Park, KS client. H-1B Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. No third-parties, please. #LI-BH1