**OPEN LOCATION + 25-50% AVG TRAVEL**
The Managing Consultant plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated Data projects and associated personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure that client service delivery is effectively managed on all dimensions: budget, timeline, quality, deliverables/outcomes, teaming/collaboration and updates/communication with a high degree of customer satisfaction. Teams with other consulting and sales colleagues to develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients with the specific objective of achieving further penetration into accounts and attaining meaningful follow-on sales.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly serves in the lead consultant role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members. Serve as the executive program manager with responsibility for managing client expectations for specific DDS projects, while seeking and fostering additional opportunities with clients. As part of this role, is responsible for managing the quality assurance process to deliver quality on-time deliverables.
- Identifies all points of contact from the system perspective and establishes contact with necessary stakeholders
- Reviews business and technical requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility, identify gaps & inconsistencies and eliminate conflicting requirements
- Understands the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients
- Participates in determining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients
- Provides input to final recommendations for technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Prepares and completes technical design inspection of other team members
- Gathers feedback and input from team members and works with senior project staff to optimize client relationship and improve quality
- Consistently achieves outstanding Customer Satisfaction results on all consulting engagements
- Tracks and manage engagements to the SOW and maintains project financials for multiple large/high complexity projects
- Builds customer-focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges on multiple large/high complexity projects
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems on large and high complexity projects
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
Practice Development: Supports activities that drive practice growth and profitability
- Directly interacts with clients, sales personnel and Sirius Presales Architects to identify, qualify, and validate client requirements for technology solutions. Pursuit activities include meeting with C-Suite personnel, creating and delivering presentations to drive Digital and/or Data solutions
- Creates solution prototypes and POCs which illustrate business value and garner client buy-in
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Creates proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work (SOW), solution work estimates, and total solution pricing for profitable post-sales delivery integration, implementation and delivery. Provides significant and demonstrated services solution sales to meet practice goals
- Develops Cost/Benefit Analysis and rationale for large complex projects or programs with input from others on the account team
- Provides technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of technical specialty
- Conducts research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of client delivery efforts
- Cataloguing existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans), and evangelizing the use of practice IP by delivery teams
- Contributes and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates. Occasionally presents externally as a thought leader at a regional level.
- Directly supervises project staff with responsibility for ensuring engagement success and appropriate use of practice tools, methodology, deliverable preparation, and client presentation.
- Leads code or other technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to technical team
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- Steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least eight (8) years' Information Technology work experience with one or more Data solutions in the Sirius portfolio, to include:
- (3) years of experience with large enterprise projects
- Experience architecting, creating, and administering Oracle databases
Other Position Requirements:
- Experience with Oracle Database 10g/11g/12C
- Demonstrated experience performing Oracle Exadata Installation and Administration
- Experience migrating workloads to Exadata
- Experience performing Oracle database/server/application performance tuning
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle RAC, Multitenancy, and Advanced Data Guard
- Experience performing RMAN back-up and recovery using Oracle technology
- Experience performing data migrations using Golden Gate
- Experience with Oracle ODA
- Experience with Oracle on Linux
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Demonstrated abilities in database operations and processes/procedures
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate architectural options
- Demonstrated ability to work with wide variety of client staff including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated ability to architect large projects from pre-sales Discovery to Solution Outline
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Consulting experience
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.