San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The Innovation Accelerator team is responsible solving client gaps/needs with new technologies that are often a step beyond the business today. We research, build, test, and iterate on near term digital innovations that benefit our clients as well as longer-term product innovations. Schwab has a long history of questioning the status quo – whether it be the 24/7 quotes, or online brokerage, or the start of a mutual fund marketplace. The program is overseen by the Chief Digital Officer and has senior executive commitment. The role reports to the Senior Vice President of Digital Advice and Innovation.
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director of the Innovation Accelerator will oversee the entire innovation program at Schwab. The goal of the Accelerator is to innovate on behalf of clients and investors. This role oversees the following three key functions:
- Innovation Center of Excellence – Innovation Talent-Rotation Program, cross-enterprise crowd-sourcing innovation challenges, operations of onboarding / off-boarding of lab teams ; develop lab annual pipeline
- Innovation Lab Management – Run 3/ 4 agile labs teams per quarter of 8-10 per lab; responsible for making “go/ no go” recommendation to the business on whether to invest further in a technology that has been tested in the lab; collaborate and partner with R&D team in pairing new technologies with client solutions
- External Innovation – Manage Internal Innovation Advisory Board; meet and evaluate 3rd parties for potential buy / partner relationships that drive scale and revenue growth for Schwab; drive strategic-thought leadership amongst leaders
Other key functions of this role include:
- Continue to scale the model and drive to profitability
- Establish and develop strong working relationship with senior digital and technical leaders in evaluating and consulting on where there are opportunities in marketplace
- Establish internal working model for expeditiously onboarding and off boarding 3rd parties from depending on leadership decision to invest
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines including Managers, Architects, Developers, Project Management, Test, Infrastructure/ and Production Support within and outside the organization.
- Model team norms and contribute to positive team dynamics, leading to continuous team performance improvement
- Foster an environment of trust, effectively communicating within the scrum team and with an ecosystem of stakeholders
- Be the internal spokesperson for the Innovation Accelerator and build a coalition of change and support throughout the company
What you have:
- Proven experience in executing product roadmaps from conception through launch
- Strong program management skills, experience with client journeys, and demonstrated ability to synthesize process data
- Proven technical experience with the ability to identify technology deficiencies and proactively recommends best practice technical solutions
- A passion for digital innovation, the financial services industry and commitment to superb client experience
- Superior communication skills, able to communicate complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story to senior management
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track and ensure multiple projects (3-4) meet deliverables and requirements
- Comfort in a dynamic, fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related MBA or advance degree a plus
Leadership and Management:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively empower and motivate teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs
- Ability to facilitate dialog and retrospectives with a diverse group of stakeholders and to review feedback to drive continuous improvement in tools, practices and processes within the emerging enterprise
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||CA - San Francisco, TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019 Apply Here