As a manufacturing test engineer you will be responsible executing and supporting manufacturing test capabilities used at our global contract manufacturing facilities. Also execute test algorithms in a Labview/Teststand software environment; and work with our global contract manufacturing partners to install, qualify and support testing of our products. In addition to assisting with development, you will also help resolve manufacturing test issues arising within the factory to ensure on time delivery of products to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the senior manufacturing test engineer on the definition of the test infrastructure needed to support manufacturing test.
- Assist in the development of production software modules to support on-site test capabilities on all of our products.
- Develop test software within a Labview/Teststand environment to be integrated into our manufacturing test software libraries, and integrated into product level manufacturing test sequences.
- Participate in the new product introduction process and subsequent transition to production.
- Identify opportunities to improve the production test flow and test development processes to reduce both cost and time to market.
- Document and maintain test processes per established policy and procedure in an ISO9001/TL9000-driven environment.
- Bachelor?s degree (B.S.) from accredited four year college or university in Engineering.
- 2-4 years? manufacturing test software development experience using Labview and TestStand.
- Experience in the use of instrumentation within an automated test environment to test RF electronic assemblies and products. Instrumentation currently being used includes Spectrum Analyzers, DC Loads, RFSG, RFSA and Data Acquisition hardware, power meters, automated switches, and custom test gear.
- Must possess the skills needed to analyze and resolve hardware, software, product, and instrumentation issues experienced during the testing of our products, working with our design engineering teams to determine root cause as required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time.
- Ability to determine the operation of hardware based on a review of schematics, Bill of Material, and component datasheets.
- Experience developing software within an Agile environment, including the use of Jira to plan and track work.
- Knowledge of Linux, Python, Lua, Bash, and C/C++ considered an asset.
- Labview/TestStand Core 1/2 training.
- Experience with routers, switches, and other network equipment specifically using IP.
Clearance: Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain.
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.