Develop and implement activities in Engineering to meet goals, quality and cost objectives. Creating project plans that will help the organization meet the goals required for new products or designs. Selects, develops and leads personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the engineering function and develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Prioritizes schedules based on multiple factors and customer requirements. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Assignments tend to be of moderate complexity, diversification or expense. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Normally receives instructions on new projects or assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
- Works with management and other departments to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Manage engineering resources to ensure all present and future products and services are of high quality.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space
- Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies by providing leadership to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals to ensure production goals are met within organization goals of budget, time requirements and high level of quality.
- Generally supervises lower level supervisors and/or professional staff and may supervise semi-skilled nonexempt employees which include some or all of the following: assemblers, technicians, machinists, welders, operators and clerical support, providing guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Ensure that departments within the organization reach goals within budget and a high level of quality.
- Interacts with subordinates and/or functional peer groups regarding exchange or presentation of information.
- Determines work schedules and overtime (if applicable) and allocation of resources and equipment. Resolves problems as they occur.
- Pursues new ways to improve the efficiency of production. Develops, plans and administers procedures. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Coordinates, develops and implements standard operating procedures for functional area.
- Ensures the working environment is clean, organized and safe for employees at all times. Understands and ensures staff complies with all safety and environmental policies and practices.
- Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project/schedules.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job provides general supervision to lower level supervisors or direct supervision to semi-skilled and skilled nonexempt employees. Directly supervises employees in the manufacturing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include providing leadership to employees, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 2-5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires demonstrated success in process improvement for reduction in waste, reduction in cost, and/or improvement in control.
- Experience in process design, troubleshooting and refinement within an electromechanical test environment.
- Requires high energy and a willingness to make process improvements based on data and investigation.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in writing assembly / test procedures.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-departmental teams.
- Experience with SolidWorks is required
- Background in electromechanical assemblies a plus.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems is a plus
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com