Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Mapping and Localization Engineer for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an excellent professional with a strong programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art mapping and localization algorithms.
- Work in a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team
- Design of the mapping and localization software architecture for Lv. 2/3/4 autonomous driving systems
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting edge mapping and localization software stack into the Lucid production programs
- Implement high-quality automotive grade software code compliant to automotive quality and safety standards
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless and robust implementation and deployment of localization and mapping products for ADAS
- Support the Software validation and verification of the mapping and localization algorithms using prototype vehicles, pre-production vehicles
- Enhance and improve the existing s/w stack for the autonomous driving system
- Design and develop a cutting-edge s/w algorithm for the future autonomous driving systems
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- Academic or industry experience in one or more of the following areas related to mapping and localization: state estimation, probabilistic filtering, SLAM, LIDAR based localization, 3D reconstruction, computer vision.
- Proficient in C++ with 2+ years of working experience. In-depth knowledge in object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and software design skills.
- A solid foundation in math and robotics to propose creative solutions for autonomous systems.
- Solid knowledge or experiences in key areas of Kalman filters, SLAM, sensor fusion, and inertial navigation • Excellent communication skills and teamwork skills
- Experience working with cameras, radars, LiDAR, GPS/IMU and in-depth knowledge for related data processing & sensor fusion
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and verification on system and vehicle level
- Experience in working in agile development teams
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.