Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Director of DevOps on this position.
A four-year-old cyber security start up is looking for a Sr. Level MariaDB DBA The company is a leader in its market and just closed its Series A Funding of $10 Million with one of Silicon Valley s largest VC firms. The Founders have an outstanding success record with start ups.
The MariaDB DBA will join a small team of intelligent and highly capable engineers that are supported by an upper management team that highly values database performance and engineering. The MariaDB DBA will be responsible for:
- The administration of several large MariaDB v10.4 databases (1+ Petabyte) in a very high volume, high uptime and highly secure environment. The MariaDB databases are handling 100+K complex queries/second, are receiving and processing data from 100 s of sources simultaneously
- Administration that includes databases installation, configuration, monitoring, optimization, tuning, troubleshooting, backup, recovery and upgrades.
- Sharding very large databases the into smaller, faster, more easily managed databases to increase performance
- Writing change code in C or C++ to tune database engine
The MariaDB DBA reports to the Director of DevOps.
- MUST be at the expert level with MariaDB DBA
- Must have experience with large (100+M rows) AND high performance (100+ queries/second)
- Expert level optimization experience
- Any experience writing C and/or C++ code