Market Data Developer, 40x Scale of Social Media Data Platforms (180-300k)
A tech shop in NYC is currently seeking a talented software developer to work on a complex high throughput data distribution platform. In order to shortly summarize the complexity of this platform, it processes about 40 times the data that passes through most global social media platforms on a daily basis. The team includes a small number of elite developers who are processing over 7 million messages per second and are responsible for the entire SDLC of the data feeds infrastructure.
It is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work in this type of environment but outside of the Hedge Fund/Banking space.
It includes a 9-5 working environment, Jeans and T-Shirt, and software engineers who contribute to open source projects!
- 3+ years of high performance development experience.
- Experience solving incredibly complex problems at a massive scale
- Experience developing software in UNIX or Linux environment
- Network programming knowledge (TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast)
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks for building distributed systems
- Lock-Free Algorithms