Market Research & Strategy Specialist
Location: Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX
About Deloitte Consulting's Catalyst Group
Deloitte Consulting's Catalyst group collaboratively evaluates and develops technical assets that augment the firm's leading core services, creating hybrid offerings comprised of technology and services to address our clients' most pressing business challenges. Our technology asset-based consulting agenda is designed to deliver tangible results in the near-term and a sustainable competitive advantage for the firm in years to come.
Would you like to be a part of the early-stage market validation of these new assets? Are you interested in participating in strategic discussions to cultivate new hybrid offering ideas and collaborating with stakeholders to substantiate client business challenges, critical buying factors, key value drivers, and competitive advantages for early-stage and existing hybrid offerings?
We are currently seeking a strategically-minded individual who will collaborate with Deloitte Consulting's core practice to explore new hybrid offering ideas from a strategic market fit perspective to inform business cases and investment decisions.
Deloitte Catalyst is an organization within Deloitte Consulting with the goal of building a culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the identification, incubation, and actualization of breakthrough ideas in hybrid offerings.
The Asset Strategy team within Deloitte Catalyst, of which this role is a part, is responsible for a critical set of business services, including: market analysis, market sizing, competitive scanning, and business case development for new or existing technical assets.
Work You'll Do:
As part of the Asset Strategy team within Deloitte Catalyst, you will evaluate the market fit of both new and existing technical asset opportunities that will ultimately complement our services in the form of a hybrid offering. This evaluation includes such responsibilities as:
• Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at varying levels to deeply understand the market size, market demand, and key competitive sets for new or existing asset concepts
• Develop key hypotheses to iteratively test through secondary and primary research, ultimately producing an actionable set of recommendations
• Identify and understand competitive offerings for the Deloitte hybrid offering in question
• Perform market sizing estimation and detailed competitive analysis to validate network stakeholders' point of view
• Analyze key industry trends to develop a strategic point of view on where a market is heading and why, identifying profitable opportunities for Deloitte's hybrid offerings
• Support preparation for and execution of external interviews with both target clients and key competitors to substantiate Deloitte internal stakeholders' position on clients' key business challenges, perceived value drivers, and critical buying factors
• Synthesize large amounts of secondary research and interview data to develop key insights that can inform investment decisions for technical assets
• Support preparation of analysis output for executive leadership presentations and own responses to Q&A for respective area on a project by project basis
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics or a related field
• 2+ years of software assets strategy and/ or business model evaluation experience, including quantitative and qualitative experience assessing software assets or investments
• 2+ years of experience working in a software assets environment in or closely with technical roles, preferably involving analytics or SaaS
• Ability to support and conduct internal and external interviews with executive-level experts, including synthesizing interview notes to develop key insights
• Ability to apply standard methods for establishing and testing addressable market size estimates
• Seasoned understanding of technology-based businesses, including business models, technical components of the stack, and modern software development processes
• Strong analytical skillset combined with the ability to synthesize findings into leadership-level business recommendations
• Proven ability to successfully partner with internal senior stakeholders from various parts of the organization, with varying degrees of technical aptitude, and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to juggle many competing priorities/ deadlines
• Willingness to travel as required (up to 20%)
No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.