The purpose of this position is to develop and implement business development plans and promotion strategies to enhance and increase the visibility and profitable growth of the Corporate and Tax groups, with emphasis on the development of targeted product line programs. The Marketing and Business Development Manager initiates, oversees, and completes a wide range of projects that involve marketing planning, industry and client targeting, pitches and proposals and communications.
Marketing and Business Development Manager must be able to interact at all levels of the Firm and work collaboratively with attorneys, the marketing department and other firm departments
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Strategize with practice leadership to determine priorities and areas of focus of global marketing budgets, manage allocations and track return on investment.
* Work closely with regional practice client development efforts and ensure coordination with global practice and overall firm strategy.
* Develop tailored proposals/pitches and institute tracking of pitch efforts and related trends.
* Partner with stakeholders to develop client facing pitch strategies and provide all necessary research and other relevant preparation, including coaching.
* Conduct research and analysis to help identify new business opportunities.
* Provide business intelligence on key competitors and marketplace trends in an effort to exploit market differentiation.
* Drive the implementation of marketing and product line plans for the global group, working closely with partners to formulate clear achievable goals.
* Enhance the practice group-s profile by developing messaging and market position, thought leadership campaigns, and ideas for programs, conferences and client communications that generate the most value and reach target audiences.
* Identify product line synergies with other practices and offices, and drive related marketing/BD initiatives.
* Prepare legal directory and award submissions and develop strategy for maximizing results.
* 8+ years marketing experience, legal or detail oriented services
* organizing internal and external events for the firmEmail Marketing, Email Newsletter, Brand Management, Marketing Communication, Marketing Promotions, Marketing detail oriented Organization, Marketing Content, Markings, Public Relations - Copywriter