Designs, develops and tests program units; works on new systems development and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems; participates in implementations of new systems or modifications to existing systems to meet Information Systems and client business requirements. Prepares and updates documentation as appropriate. 3 years minimum experience required ( 5-7 years recommended)
Agile development team that is responsible for MDM and data governance development within the managed investments department. This role is focused on EDM development within a system supplied by IHS Markit (Markit EDM).
- A good understanding of data mastering, knowledge of ETL development
- prepare technical specifications
- Understanding of batch scheduling system usage and implementation concepts
- Proficiency in SQL and the use of SQL Server, including SQL performance optimization techniques. Will be working on Markit EDM tool using SQL Server.
- Ability to resolve defects associated with testing activities
- Ability to communicate issues, status, and progress on assigned tasks to direct management and to a team lead
- Work closely with analysts to gather business requirements, develop and deliver highly scalable and numerate financial applications
- Experience in architecture, design, development, implementation, testing and production support of Markit EDM database, data extraction, data transformation, data loading, and data analysis.
- Experience with development, support, and release of database-driven software.
- Ability to critically review, debug and diagnose existing application codebase across all application tiers.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with the Agile development process.
- Familiarity with Institutional Investment & Financial domain
- Development experience on Markit EDM Data Porter, Data Inspector, Data Constructor, Data Matcher, Rule Builder, Solutions, Event watcher, Process Launcher, Data Generator, Data Manager, Web User Interface components.