Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) is building out a highly motivated team of DuckCreek Developers to contribute to the EDGE Service Application. As an associate in this role, you will team up with analysts, scrum masters, product owners, managers and directors, while working in an Agile environment to design, develop, deploy, and maintain the codebase that supports EDGE. You should be intellectually curious, have a solutions-oriented attitude and enjoy learning new tools and techniques.Responsibilities of DuckCreek Developer include:
- Performing advanced-level DuckCreek development, with core competencies in CBO, Author, Manripts, etc., design, implementation and maintenance activities, under minimal direction
- Diagnosing and correcting both application and infrastructure issues
- Managing application security vulnerabilities and maintaining compliance with industry security standards
- Researching and evaluating new software, frameworks and techniques to provide recommendations to the division and training to other developers
- Documenting and maintaining application requirements and technical specifications
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and contribute towards team efforts
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Passion to innovate and provide high quality software for insurance applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
Bonus skill sets/experiences:
- 4+ years of experience with DuckCreek Development--core competencies in CBO, Author, and Manripts
- 4+ years of experience in Agile Development
- 4+ years of experience in user interface, web service, and/or database development
- 2+ years of experience writing good, maintainable unit tests
- 2+ years of experience with version control concepts (branching, merging, conflict resolution)
- Type Script, AngularJS/ Angular
- Full stack .NET software development, with core competencies in Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
- Microsoft .NET tools and technologies, especially: ASP.NET (MSC & Web API), WCF Web Services
- Experience using GIT
- Familiarity with SQL Database design
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
You can also check out our jobs on LinkedIn, #LI-DP1. Or on Dice, #DI-DP.Benefits
As a full time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. Currently, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD or Indianapolis, IN or Macon, GA office.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.