Title: Senior McAfee ePO Consultant
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Duration: 12+ months contract
Our client is seeking a McAfee ePO consulting services with a focus on management services, operations, and implementation of an existing McAfee ePO environment, who demands experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a senior consultant who has experience operating and maintain endpoint security software for purposes of profile software executables and managing execution of software applications with McAfee EPO and associated software titles. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture.
The senior consultant is responsible for operating and maintaining the following capabilities:
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) of different sizes and any number of ePO-managed endpoint devices. Serve as a member of a diverse team of experts providing world-class operations and maintenance support demonstrating thought leadership in maintaining and integrating software asset management and whitelisting capabilities. The candidate will work closely with the csolution architects, testers, training teams and the agencies themselves to ensure a successful operations and maintenance of ePO capabilities.
- ENS (Anti-malware, ATP, FIM, HIPS)
- Experience with systems applications engineering, to include deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with McAfee ePO Policy Auditor and Application control highly preferred.
- At least one active McAfee Suite product specific certification:
- McAfee Product Specialist - ENS (Endpoint Security)
- McAfee Product Specialist - ATD (Advanced Threat Defense)
- McAfee Product Specialist - ePO (ePolicy Orchestrator and VirusScan)
- McAfee Product Specialist - NSP (Network Security Platform)
- McAfee Product Specialist - HIPs
- McAfee Product Specialist - DLPe (Data Loss Prevention Endpoint)
- McAfee Product Specialist - SIEM (security information and event management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain ePO based solutions across store and corporate device footprints (6000+ devices)
- Provide technical support for the McAfee endpoint product suite, perform daily administration support, and maintain version status for all deployed products
- Escalate technical issues to the engineering team and McAfee OEM support as needed
- Provide support in the capture of ePO and ePO-managed product data elements from database queries
- Provide guidance and direction to customers using best practice software deployment strategies using existing tool
- Help communicate and implement ePO agents to devices both in our corporate and stores
- Balance McAfee endpoint product policy configuration and data burdens with both endpoint platform performance and ePO console and database performance
- Act as an escalation point for ePO and ePO-managed endpoint product issues from either external or internal customers
- Synthesize task requirements with McAfee ePO and ePO-managed endpoint product capabilities to achieve a robust solution
- Create technical documents, drawings, how-to guides and other deliverables
- Adhere to security best practices and comply with government standards
- Analyze mission requirements and make recommendations
- Communicate and present recommendations to senior engineers or managers in written and oral format
- Maintain knowledge of security regulations, best practices, countermeasures, compliance standards, and current threats
- Assist in the design and build out of the agents to deploy to both corporate and store devices.
- Prior experience, preferably 5+ years on a Cyber security project using tools such as McAfee ePO,
- Experience balancing the demands of multiple clients simultaneously
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Experience managing personnel and/or leading teams of subordinates
Prior security or systems management experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Working knowledge of Service Now Ticket Management Systems.
- Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems (Group Policy Object (GPO) and Active Directory administration)
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies, including one or more of the following: ESXi, Vmware View, vCenter Server, vCloud Director
- Experience with NAS and SAN based storage solutions to include file-based and block-level storage devices
- Experience with administration of networking technologies including LAN/WAN, wireless, and VPN
- Experience with AWS cloud platform
- Experience with McAfee Skyhigh, Workload, or Virtual Network Security Platform
- Security+ Certification or better
- Ability to troubleshoot wide-ranging issues (OS, hardware, network, storage, firewall, COTS layers and customer access/authentication)
- Detail oriented – must be able to recognize critical elements of successful operations and then hold themselves and their teams accountable for meeting those critical elements.
- Flexibility – The environment is very dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness
- Team Player – This role is part of a much larger team. You will be expected to support the overall Operations Team and Team CUSTOMER’s mission.
- Clear and proven communicator.
BA/BS or equivalent years of experience and 7+ YRS relevant experience