Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Mechanical Design Engineer - Health/Fitness, AR/VR, Robotics
Berkeley, CA (You could work from home when practical but would have to be in the office often, whenever necessary to get the job done. They don't have a specific policy on work from home, but estimate that after the pandemic they'd expect this person to be in the office anywhere from 3-5 days in any given week.)
The company has a variety of software + hardware products involving connected health/fitness, medical, robotic systems, and AR/VR.
The company is based in Berkeley. You could work from home when practical but would have to be in the office often, whenever necessary to get the job done. They don't have a specific policy on work from home, but estimate that after the pandemic they'd expect this person to be in the office anywhere from 3-5 days in any given week.
The company has about 20 employees and has raised series A funding.
The company will pay salary plus equity which could be valuable.
- Working with 1 other Sr. Mechanical Engineer.
- Time spent will be roughly as follows:
- 40-50% Mechanical Design in Solidworks.
- 30% building and fabricating prototypes or fixtures, tools, etc.
- 20-30% documentation, design release documentation and review.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (preferably 8+).
- Experience doing mechanical engineering for consumer sized electronics where you worked on the whole system.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience using 3D printers.
- Experience writing documentation for products in production.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously while staying on schedule.
- Ability to move quickly and not be too attached to your designs; at this company you make 5 designs and end up throwing 4 of them out; maybe even throw out all 5 of them.
- Experience in Solidworks.
Nice to have:
- Experience with consumer electronics, medical devices, wearables.
- Industrial design experience.
- Experience with KeyShot.
- Basic programming skills.
- Hands on experience building physical prototypes with fabrication equipment.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: