Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer - 2 positions at each location
Location: Athens, Georgia, East Syracuse NY & Fort Wayne, IN ( but for Fort Wayne we need UL certification, mechanical eng or electrical eng any profile with UL certification)
Job Type: Full Time
* Experience in any of the following engineering functions: Design, development, cost reduction, Reliability, validation or qualification process preferred.
* Conduct design evaluation, bench-marking, supplier evaluation, project tracking, and component qualification of Units and components for use in the Transport Refrigeration Units (TRU) applications.
* Create and/or modify documentation including technical requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, qualification test plans, reports, and engineering change notices.
* Support global Sustaining Engineering Groups with their evaluation of component field or test sample failures to determine root cause and identify appropriate corrective actions.
* Participate in and lead component design reviews.
* Interface with cross functional team members and suppliers to move design solutions to production.
* Familiarity with Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration systems desired.
* Apply knowledge of DFMEA or other robust engineering tools, tolerance analysis, simulation and statistical methods to improve robustness and quality of TRU and components.
* Implement and support development testing activities, including daily interaction with Carrier Transicold test engineering and component vendors.
* Some experience in technical leadership (guiding junior engineers, leading technical peer-to-peer reviews, etc.) supporting team members with executing projects desired
* Have a working knowledge of computer aided design software
* Willingness to take on unique engineering challenges outside of prior work experience or primary educational background