Solidus is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
This is a hands-on position in a fun and fast-paced development environment, requiring a self-starter interested in growing his or her product design skill set. In this role, you will drive packaging and thermal designs of inverters, DC/DC converters, motor drives and other power electronics products. You will work with electronics engineers to develop cost-effective solutions that balance thermal, electrical, and manufacturing requirements. Ideal candidates will be adept at conceptualizing creative solutions and possess strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to excel in a self-directed environment is essential.
• Conceptualize, design, and develop packaging for power electronics products
• Develop, analyze, and test electronics cooling systems
• Verify designs through prototype construction and evaluation
• Research and specify components, materials, manufacturing processes, and vendors required to satisfy product specifications and cost objectives
• Create and review fabrication drawings/documentation packages to facilitate part manufacture or purchase
• Create and review assembly documentation to facilitate assembly and inspection
• Prepare and present mechanical designs and project status at review meetings
• Maintain design documentation to company standards
• Refine and update designs as required to satisfy performance, reliability, cost, and manufacturability requirements
• Perform analysis and simulation using CAD, CFD, FEA, MATHCAD, and MATLAB, along with manual techniques
• Assist Manufacturing to develop best methods for assembly
• Travel on a limited basis
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years' experience packaging electronics systems
• Competency interpreting specifications and designing to satisfy their requirements
• Investigative mind inclined toward developing practical solutions to real-world problems
• Proficiency with Solidworks or other CAD system
• Thermal design experience using CFD
• Structural design analysis using FEA desired but not essential
• Creative, with strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Organized, efficient, and decisive
• Adept at managing multiple priorities
• Strong math skills
• Communication and leadership skills highly valued
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Job ID: 3991
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.