Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description:
- As a Mechanical Designer you will work with engineering teams of Architects, and multi-discipline Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client's business needs. The successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced designers to design mechanical systems including water, chilled water, HVAC, wastewater, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications for manufacturing, distribution, and other industrial and commercial facilities.
- Mechanical Designer on multi-discipline project teams.
- Design facility mechanical systems including water, chilled water, wastewater, HVAC, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam or hot water systems, compressed air, and other plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications.
- Completion of mechanical design using Revit.
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical facilities design engineering experience demonstrating an ability to complete mechanical system analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
- Able to perform as a Mechanical Designer and execute mechanical design on multi-discipline projects.
- Experience in the design of advanced technologies(semi-conductor) or Life sciences, facility/building mechanical systems including HVAC (inclusive of air handling units, chemical and laminar fume hoods, unit heaters/coolers, etc.), water, chilled water, wastewater, cold/warm rooms, clean rooms, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam/condensate systems, hot water and hydronic systems, compressed gases (air, O2, N2, CO2, etc.), waste/drain and other plumbing systems.
- Ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Computer skills including Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word are required.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
• BS degree from an ABET accredited school in Mechanical Engineering is a nice to have
• Work experience will be evaluated in lieu of a degree
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.Company: