For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done - and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it's revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.Position Summary
The Mechanical Engineer, Resident is responsible for maintaining and optimizing product designs across a broad product offering, also assists with changes and redesigns of current products as required. This person will assist in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering in optimizing designs for existing and future capital equipment.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.Essential Job Functions
Qualifications and Experience
- Design, modify, and optimize products following the change management processes. Manage product engineering projects within cost and time requirements.
- Provides modifications to finished product designs as required. Responsible for making sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report on the findings.
- Provides product design changes as required. Uses computers extensively to produce and analyze designs, to simulate and test how an attachment operates and to generate specifications for the attachment. Work within MRP and Solidworks software to accomplish tasks.
- Responsible for Parts Item Master to satisfy manufacturing requirements for Assigned Projects.
- Evaluate new manufacturing technologies and recommend changes for cost effective designs and manufacturability.
- Ensure that all products conform to the most recent and applicable standards and recommends manufacturing processes capable of producing products that will consistently conform to those standards.
- Implement and supervise product-testing programs for revised products.
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Customer Service departments to actively seek out ideas for redesigns of existing products.
- Researches, specifies and approves all non-standard purchased components and assists Purchasing with procurement of said components.
- Responsible for all drawing information and accuracy within designated product line and as requested.
- Assist Technical Publications in creation and maintenance of product manuals.
- Responsible for all product safety related issues within designated product line and as requested.
- Follow company safety practices and procedures to contribute to a safe environment.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager, as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected. Long periods of sitting and walking are also to be expected in this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Industrial, Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college, or five or more years of direct experience with Paladin Construction Group as a Sr. Drafter/Designer.
- A minimum of four years' prior work experience in a manufacturing or field service environment. Hydraulic systems design and analysis in a construction or agricultural environment preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- High level of design proficiency with solid modeling software, preferably SolidWorks, and the generation of drawings with proper use of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Effective application of simulation tools, including structural finite element analysis
- Proficiency with product data management (EPDM) and enterprise resource planning (Syteline) systems
- Demonstrated effective leadership, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to deliver proven, high quality, cost effective designs to production on time
- Courage & Innovation - Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance - Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration - Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability - Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.