Harrisville, RI Salary:
Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer / Test building materials This job will have the following responsibilitiesResponsibilities
: Mechanical Engineer will plan, conduct and direct the evaluation of products, with little or no supervision, in the area of building materials and assemblies.
The testing will push the product's performance as it relates to wind, fire and other exposures in our world class, state of the art laboratories.
Duties will include, but are not limited to;
Qualifications & Requirements:
- The development of proposals, project management, supervision of tests, documentation of results, preparation of written reports and other complex tasks associated with third party product testing.
- In addition, duties may include making presentations and providing representation to trade associations.
- The working environment includes both the office and laboratory.
- Overnight travel, to consult with customers, attend technical conferences and to conduct and monitor tests at test facilities, is typically less than 20%.
- Qualifications: BS in technical area + 3 years experience or MS in technical area Technical degree in civil, structural, structural or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, building materials, components, and assemblies is desired.
- A background in statics and/or material properties is beneficial.
- Successful candidate should have demonstrated project management skills, results analysis skills, superior written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency with programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidate must possess outstanding relationship management skills including:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Active listening skills to understand the points being made when someone else is speaking and giving full attention to the speaker
- Effective speaking skills to convey direction, information and technical concepts
- Ability to work effectively as a strong and supportive member of a team
- Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities and planning
Working product evaluation environment involves fire, smoke, heat and the use of adhesives and binders.
Employees are offered a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforceContact: email@example.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com