As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.Monomers Mechanical Engineer
Chemours is seeking a Monomers Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Operations team! This position will report directly to the Manufacturing Technology Manager in our Fayetteville, NC location.
The role of the Monomers Mechanical Engineer is to provide support, guidance, and oversight to the mechanical systems of the Monomers areas with a focus on reliability practices. The r ole includes the implementation of small development projects and is part of a team supporting a larger integrated development program aimed at improving unit and plant operations.The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the Monomers unit operations.
- Provide Mechanical expertise for project work to ensure its compliance with specifications, engineering, standards and quality assurance.
- Provide mechanical expertise for troubleshooting, maintaining and modifying operating equipment and facilities
- Provide technical troubleshooting and training to the operating and maintenance teams.
- Lead the implementation of mechanical integrity and quality assurance (MIQA) best practices for the areas.
- Perform failure mode and effect analyses to develop appropriate equipment maintenance plans to include equipment checks and predictive preventative maintenance (PPM) performed by operations and mechanics.
- Lead PSM criticality assessment process to ensure adequate rationale is provided to develop and manage the MIQA effort, including critical spare parts, SAP data, inspection plans and frequencies, and maintenance procedures.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and uptime data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on different classes of equipment.
- Participate in maintenance and reliability networks and share best practices, successes and failures.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and professional or Co-Op mechanical engineering experience in an industrial environment, preferably chemical manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of the principles of:
- Maintenance and reliability best practices including the work management process, rotating equipment and alignment techniques, and basic materials science including material selection and properties
- Lubrication, tribology, and fundamentals of interpreting oil analysis results, vibration analysis and data interpretation, and fundamentals of nondestructive testing
- Uptime metric and how to use the Upbase® software to extract operating data, equipment life cycle cost analysis
- Root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills, failure analysis including preservation of evidence techniques, and engineering design standards and their application, Cost/Capital analysis and justification
- 3-5 years or more of Mechanical Engineering work experience in a chemical manufacturing or hazardous industrial setting
- Six Sigma certified as Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- Previous experience in SAP a plus
- PSM Experience preferred
WE'RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry. OUR APPROACH
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The "ours" in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We're thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. OUR CULTURE
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a "Great Place to Work-Certified Company" for 2019-2020- - our second consecutive year . We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor's HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say "We Are Living Chemistry".