Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a hands-on and experienced Mechanical Engineering student keen on contributing to the development of exciting new industrial products for marking and bar code printing applications with both laser and ink-jet technologies?
In this role you'll ... work with senior members, build experimental setups for life testing of components and assemblies that will be used in products being launched right now!
Y ou'll have the opportunity to... be a vital contributor to the development of new engraving and printing products, and work in a new group of talented engineers within a well-established multinational company.
You should possess... an attitude and aptitude for learning quickly with minimal guidance, an interest in stressing products to destruction, and driven for results!
• Support senior staff in conducting tests of mechanical, electrical, and optical components, subsystems and systems.
• Set-up, instrument, and collect data using world class data acquisition equipment.
• Document experimental conditions and test results.
• Creatively build simple prototypes and test fixtures.
• Interface with external vendors rapid prototyping.
• Operate lab equipment including: HALT/HASS System and 2 x Thermal/Humidity chambers.
• Effectively interact with other members of the technical team to create a safe, fun, and productive work environment.
• Study in Mechanical Engineering 2 years minimum.
• 3D solid modeling experience ( Solidworks /Creo/Windchill/Pro-E).
• Eagerness to learn new skills and new tools • Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task.
• Experience with Microsoft office.
• Results oriented, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction.
• Study in Mechanical Engineering 3 years.
• Experience in optics and setting up and/or working with optical components.
• Working in a photonics/optics lab environment.
• Working under stereo microscope assembling complex and compact parts.
• Data acquisition setup and know-how.
• Experience with Ink-Jet printing.
• E xperience with Class IV laser systems.
***Please note: must be available for full duration of internship - January-June.
Markem-Imaje Watertown, MA, is an exciting expansion demonstrating our commitment to be the innovation leader in digital printing. This new, state-of-the-art, Global Design Center will be the hub for New Product Introduction of Laser- and DOD-based products. The office is situated close to Boston with easy access by car or public transportation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Intern, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Entry Level, Engineering