Solidus is searching for a Mechanical Engineer that will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide support for the mechanical design and testing of complex mechanical, opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
Responsibilities will include design, integration, and testing of complex hardware from conceptual design through fabrication and field performance evaluation. The candidate must be knowledgeable in a broad range of challenging problems involving structures, mechanisms, thermal systems, optics and electronics. This position involves working in close-knit teams with design, analyses and test personnel.
Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or as part of a group. They must possess strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to present statresults to internal and external audiences. The position may require travel to meetings and field sites.
- U.S. Citizen and an Active Secret Clearance. Top Secret preferred
- Bachelors degree is mandatory. Candidates should have a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering OR Aerospace. A Masters degree is a plus (there is some flexibility on the years of experience if the candidate has a Masters).
- Experience in mechanical design, assembly and environmental testing of high reliability electronic, electro-optic, mechanisms, or opto-mechanical systems for DoD or aerospace applications
- Must have 5 years experience in Mechanical - Aircraft/Missile/Satellite System, Electronic Packaging, Mechanisms, Opto-Mechanical, SolidWorks 3D Computer-Aided Design(CAD), and Mechanical Systems
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the development of opto-mechanical or electro-mechanical systems utilized on spacecraft and/or aircraft
- Experience in DoD, military, and/or aerospace applications
Req ID 4010
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.