Kforce has a client seeking a Mechanical Technician in Reston, Virginia (VA).
The selected candidate will work as a Mechanical Technician on the mechanical build and processing of spacecraft and structures as assigned. The candidate will acquire necessary skills on-the-job under the tutelage of senior level technicians and engineers. The candidate should be able to support mechanical leads and engineers with the installation of extremely fragile space hardware onto space vehicles and additionally have the ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and suggest solutions to engineering for review.
The desired candidate should have team building skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, personal skills, and a strong follow-through 'can do' attitude. The selected candidate will be required to support spacecraft and spacecraft subsystem testing which includes, but is not limited to, vibration, acoustic, propulsion, thermal vacuum, and thermal cycle testing as assigned. In addition, the selected candidate must be willing and able to work off shifts, weekends, overtime, and travel for launch campaigns. Occasional short-term projects with travel may be required.
* Possess technical training equivalent to an Associate's degree and a minimum of 1 year of related experience as a mechanical technician or equivalent
* Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required
* Solumina MES, TipQA, Windchill, CREOView, and Spacecraft processing knowledge preferred
* Experience with critical/hazardous operations a plus
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.