• You will join a team that designs and builds self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms.
• You will develop and test new product developments.
• The team is responsible for validating the most reliable self-driving car hardware.
• We are looking for an outstanding technician familiar with mechatronic systems to support our product development.
• You will play a key role in helping develop and test our next generation hardware.
• You will execute one of a kind tests & characterization to scaling larger setups.
• Supporting reliability test execution including design of experiment (DOE), environmental / corrosion / UV chamber testing, IP test, drop test, surface durability test, optical / microscopic inspection, instron test
• Cross functional engineering support for vibration test execution and analysis with accelerometer instrumentation
• Develop and continuously refine test procedures to scale output and quality of results
• Record and document test results - photographic documentation of setup and test samples, data logs, and measurements
• Maintain lab excellence and organization to enable highest possible performance
• Develop custom lab testing capabilities via tools, test setup, brackets / fixture design, etc.
Required skill set:
• You will be required to set up, execute, monitor, and analyze all test results.
• comfortable trouble shooting problems if an issue were to ever arise.
• 3+ years of hands-on laboratory experience, ideally including testing of mechatronic components.
• Ability to write custom scripts to control mechatronic parts
• Passionate about hands on work
• Ability to collaborate with other teams
• Must be able to present test findings to team lead and other teams when needed
• Strong analytical skills is a must
• Experience in a Hardware focused role
• Bachelors degree in mechatronics or mechanical engineering degree with experience with Mechatronics
• Familiarity with basic Linux and Python syntax
• Familiarity using standard mechanical tools - drills, presses, dremels, saws, epoxies, sockets/wrenches
• Familiarity with basic electronics tools (DMM, power suppliers, oscilloscopes) and rework modifications (soldering, harness rework, crimping connectors)
• Time management and a focus and attention to detail as a self-starter in a changing environment - finding creative methods of achieving a goal or task when needed
• Good communication and collaborative skills
Desired Skill set:
• Experience with various chambers like thermal, UV, corrosion, dust and the regular tools is a plus (willing to train if you have all other skills)
• Passionate about hands on work
• An individual that enjoys being a part of the team
• Passion for testing
• Experience Arduino
• Passion for robotics
• Experience with a vibe machine
• Work experience with reliability test facility and equipment
• Working knowledge of Linux operating systems & basic python exposure
• Working knowledge of using a preferred CAD platform like Solidworks or CATIA for making test fixtures and small assemblies
• Some prior fabrication experience - 3D printing, laser cutting, bandsaws, mills, press brakes, lathes
• Past experience with measurement and instrumentation - ex. Thermocouples, strain gauges, load cells, test DAQs, signal conditioners, LVDTs, etc.
• Experience with Project Management Software and google suite of productivity tools
*Commuting between offices will be necessary any candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Fremont, Mountain view and Santa Clara
Submit resume to
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.