Headquartered in Atlanta, GreenSky is among the top 3 most valuable U.S. financial technology companies established since 2000, and our $1.0 billion Initial Public Offering marked the largest U.S. Technology IPO of 2018. Our mission is simple. We power commerce. Our highly scalable, proprietary technology platform enables over 12,000 merchants to offer frictionless promotional payment options to consumers at the point-of-sale, driving increased sales volume and accelerated cash flow. Our bank partners leverage GreenSky's technology to provide loans to super-prime and prime consumers nationwide. Since our inception, over 1.7 million consumers have financed over $12 billion of commerce using our paperless, real time "apply and buy" technology. For more information, please visit https://www.greensky.com.
We are looking for great talent to help us continue our rapid growth!
Position: Merchant Underwriter
Role Summary: Perform merchant underwriting for the on boarding of new merchants that wish to use our lending program.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Shifts: Shifts vary, and cover hours from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, 5 shifts per week, Monday - Friday. Shifts are primarily 9 hours with a 1 hour unpaid lunch. Analysts may on occasion be required to work on a weekend.
Travel: Minimal travel, if any is required.
Organizational: This position is a member of the Merchant Management team and will report to the Senior Manager, Merchant Underwriting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform merchant underwriting for on boarding of new merchants that wish to use our lending program. Complete these duties within established service level agreements (SLAs) and commitment to customer service. Utilizes a high degree of independence in solving problems and making decisions. Works within established authorities. Ensures duties are carried out in an efficient and cost effective manner. Efforts are focused on achieving maximum customer service.
* Review merchant applications in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and policies, while performing a thorough investigation of credit information from credit reporting agencies and other sources to determine a merchant's overall risk level.
* Analyze and interpret commercial and consumer credit reports.
* Analyze tax returns and other financial documentation in order to make the best credit decision possible.
* Adhere to established bank policies, company guidelines and all regulatory requirements.
* Maintain acceptable turnaround times for applications submitted.
* Provide excellent customer service within established service level agreements.
* Communicate decisions and requests for additional information to Merchants.
Experience and Skills:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Self-starter, works with some direction
* Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills
* Sound judgment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate across various lines of business
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
* Ability to work independently on routine, repetitive tasks and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Successful completion of background check.
* Strong Internet research skills.
Desired but not required Qualifications:
* Knowledge of GreenSky's products.
* Bachelor's or Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
* Educational and/or professional background in credit or underwriting.
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We strongly encourage Armed Forces Veterans to apply
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Level of Education: High School/GED
Date Updated: October 11, 2018
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Starting Date: ASAP