Solidus is searching for a Meteorologist/Data Scientist to join a group that develops sensors, automated forecasting systems, and decision support tools to reduce the impact of adverse weather on commercial aviation. To accomplish this, the group combines expertise in innovative signal, image, and sensor data-fusion processing with physical insights furnished by staff meteorologists.
The Meteorologist will split between an FAA sponsored effort involving wake vortex mitigation and multi-modal data analysis for the US Transportation Command.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing machine learning algorithms for large or complex data sets
- Leveraging machine learning techniques to build models for classification and prediction
- Preparing and presenting results to internal team and external sponsors
- Integrating diverse data sets
- Applying algorithms to cleanse and analyze data
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
- Master's degree in Meteorology
- 10 years of experience as a Meteorologist
- Understanding of aviation datasets and wake vortex procedures
- Wind forecast algorithms based on real-time weather observations
- Data analytics
- Machine learning
- MATLAB and other computer languages such as python, Perl, Java or C++
Must have at least 5 years of experience with the following:
- Big Data Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Methods
- Aviation datasets
- Wake vortex procedures
- Wind forecast algorithms
- Machine Learning
- C/C++, Java, Python, Bash, SQL, Java Script / HTML / CSS, Matlab
Job ID: 4276
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.