PeerSource is currently recruiting for a MicroStrategy Developer on a Direct Hire basis for our client in Orlando, FL.
The MicroStrategy Developer will provide technical expertise in developing and maintaining BI applications. Create technical design specifications from business/functional requirements. Work with internal stakeholders to clarify system requirements as appropriate. Configure, program/create BI functionality and unit test development work to ensure quality. Work within the SDLC methodology and adhere to technical architecture standards. Work closely with multiple functional areas aiding users to effectively leverage the platform.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other project team members to understand and prioritize functional requirements and information needs. Participate in the development of functional requirements and design specifications as appropriate.
- Develop, create and document technical specifications and designs from which applications and/or technical solutions can be developed that satisfy requirements and envisions potential future requirements and business needs to ensure solutions are flexible and extensible.
- Provide development and technical expertise to ensure BI solutions function according to business and technical requirements.
- Ensure that all solutions, technical configurations and other work products are thoroughly unit-tested prior to delivery. Participate in system/integration testing.
- Contribute to architecture design principles and standards.
- Develop detailed project and task estimates.
- Provide for thorough and accurate MicroStrategy product and application administration to ensure the data warehouse platform is properly managed.
- Work closely with the end-user community in an internal customer support role.
- Maintain and modify existing projects, applications and reports as required. This includes being on call to support production systems.
- Train functional users in use of MicroStrategy Web, Desktop, and Dossier.
- 5+ years of experience developing complex MicroStrategy data models and reports in a large organization. Ideally, we’d like to see candidates that have strong dashboard and mobile development experience.
- Proven experience working with extremely large amounts of data (over 1 million plus).
- Strong understanding of BI, reporting and data warehouse architecture.
- Hands-on experience with installing and upgrading MicroStrategy environment
- Familiarity with full-suite of MicroStrategy Administrator products - Object Manager, Command Manager, User Manager, Distribution services.
- Ability to work on all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support.
- Experience programming in SQL, including analyzing and debugging
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and data analysis.
- Demonstrated competency in designing, developing and testing complex applications or components.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of MicroStrategy architecture and application performance tuning
- Experience working with large datasets and database systems (Oracle and PL/SQL preferred)
- Experience with advanced analytics tools (Alteryx, R, Python)
- Knowledge of restaurant or retail business
Relocation assistance is available!
No third parties. H1 sponsorship is not available.
PeerSource is a Denver/Orlando based technology recruiting solutions firm that truly values strong relationships with the talented professionals we are fortunate to serve. We pride ourselves to make it about YOU, and we will seek to understand exactly what your consideration factors are regarding the kinds of opportunities you are targeting. We can't wait to show you our difference and put a smile on your face through exceeding your expectations well beyond the norm. We offer contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities throughout the US and support W2 as well independent consultants working on a Corp-to-Corp basis. W2 employee benefits with PeerSource include options for health & dental insurance as well as a matching retirement plan. Contact us for more details!