DevOps Engineer/Platform Engineer
12+ months contract role or Contract to hire
Remote option available
• Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions and Ensure the container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) is regularly maintained and released to production without any downtime.
• Proven key skills in knowledge of config management and orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, BOSH and Terraform.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on internal engineering teams, software development teams and strategic vendors.
• Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models.
• Deep expertise in cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
• Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
• Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
• Hands on experience with AWS and operating familiarity of other cloud providers
• Ability to write technical documentation ( platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
• Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and within a team.
• Scripting and / or programming experience.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
• Experience with build tools, CI/CD, Devops and agile principles
• Experience building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
• Increase the effectiveness, reliability and performance of container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) by identifying and measuring key indicators, making changes to the production systems in an automated way and evaluating the results
• Assist development teams to migrate applications to Docker & cloud foundry based PaaS platform
• Use automation tools like provisioning using Docker, Jenkins and GitLab.
• Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine tuning alerts on Prometheus, Grafana ,Splunk.
• Providing naming conventions, Backup & Recovery and problem determination strategies for the projects.
• Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues.
• Provide strategic vision in engineering solutions that touch the messaging queue aspect of the infrastructure.
Please share updated resume at email@example.com