Description Job Description:
The Government Health and Safety Solutions group currently has an opening for a Mid-Level M365 / Mobile Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Rockville, MD. The Next Generation IT Services (NGITS) - Engineering contract provides enterprise and infrastructure engineering support to the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Mid-Level M365/ Mobile Engineer
primary responsibilities include the following:
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Hands-on design, enhancing and implementation of Office 365 solutions, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server Online, Microsoft Exchange Hybrid, Azure Active Directory, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Design and implement advanced functions of Office 365 including security, governance and compliance (e.g., DLP, IRM, EMM, E-Discovery, In-Place Hold, Retention Tags, and Encryption)
- Gather requirements for engineering projects.
- Develop project plans and schedules for engineering projects.
- Collaborate regularly with internal and external stakeholders to meet project objectives.
- Provide regular status updates regarding accomplishments, top priorities, and risks/issues.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise for engineering projects.
- Support Tier 3 escalations and troubleshooting as needed.
- Develop documentation and provide training for engineering solutions
- Ability to express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to write clear, logical reports, and instructions.
- Works independently on assigned projects.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with administrators, staff, users, project consultants and vendors.
- Meet established priorities and schedules.
- Understanding of Intune App Protection Policies and Azure Conditional Access Policies.
- Ability to develop PowerShell scripts to streamline administrative tasks.
- Understanding of Group Policy Objects (GPO) and security controls.
- Deep understanding of all Office 365 application's functionality and governance.
- Experience managing, implementing, and troubleshooting Azure AD Connect as well as ADFS
- Basic knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and smart card authentication.
- Deep understanding of mobility architectures across mobile technologies, IT standards, and applications
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools, including Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), IBM MaaS360
- Experience with the latest Mobile Operating Systems (Apple iOS and Android) and MDM DISA STIG
- Able to work within an engineering team and understand/communicate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and eight (8) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. With a Master's degree, six (6) years of general experience is required. With a PhD, four (4) years of general experience is required.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Microsoft Certifications in relevant areas preferred but not required.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.