The Server Support Engineer provides infrastructure support for our client's Microsoft Server System environment. Engineer supports all aspects of the Server infrastructure, troublshooting, maintenance, and responding to support tickets. to include Microsoft Skype, security, Secure Email, and Enterprise level archiving and backup systems. Serves as level 2 technical support for the Technical Services team.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in Microsoft Server
- Sharepoint, VMWare,
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in SAN/NAS, ADS, Identity, Access Management
- Advanced Powershell scripting
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures new technology initiatives are stable and readily maintained.
- Manages projects within deadlines and provides weekly project status reports to management.
- Serves as Level-2 escalation for Messaging related server supported applications.
- Infrastructure, multi-platform systems administration
- Analyzes performance of the environment and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Expertly utilizes PowerShell to build and manage the environment by implementing and improving upon automated tasks
- Actively seeks out system and environment automation and optimizations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory Design and support.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/Exchange Online
- Experience with configuring and managing security roles within the Exchange environment.
- Experience deploying and managing server virtualization technology. VMWare and HP Blade Servers experience preferred.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, coupled with strong documentation and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work commitment to perform on shift as scheduled
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills with attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience providing support in a multi-server enterprise environment
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations Required
- MCSE certification (preferred)