Core Tasks and Activities
a. Develop of hardened base server builds on the Azure cloud that are certified for production use by information security.
b. Modernize server patching to an automated process leveraging Azure-based tools (Azure Update Management utilizing Azure Log Analytics and Azure Automation) and PowerShell scripts.
c. Upgrade Active Directory Forest functional level to work with Windows Sever 2016 and Azure cloud.
d. Migrate group drives/shares from our internal VNX storage array Windows Network File Shares (NFS) to Azure File Sync file servers.
2. Potential within scope additional contractor tasks are:
a. Migrate Microsoft SQL 2008 to SQL 2016 servers (on premise) and/or migration to Azure cloud as SQL 2008 servers.
b. Plan and implement migration of Azure ready servers and data to the Azure government cloud (either on or off premise ecosystems) using Azure Migrate.
c. Other IT modernization systems server engineering tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED expertise and certifications in these services:
1. Microsoft Azure architecture design fundamentals, migration to, support of, and disaster recovery expertise in Microsoft Azure cloud based solutions, including underlying network transport layer (Express Route) and active directory integration (AD Connect, ADFS).
2. Microsoft server operating systems Installation, provisioning, creation of physical, virtual machines and/or images, Azure server templates, support of, and disaster recovery expertise in Microsoft server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems in physical and cloud based, high-availability server ecosystems.
3. Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, and 2016 Installation, provisioning, support of, and disaster recovery expertise in Microsoft SQL virtual operating systems in physical and cloud based high-availability server ecosystems in an engineer. Note: this is not a database administrator role/function.
4. Server migration skills Microsoft migration experience with servers (2008 R2 to 2016), SQL 2008/2012 to 2016.
5. Microsoft PowerShell Scripting and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
6. Microsoft SCCM/System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
7. Information Security Experience in hardening Microsoft servers and SQL databases to meet Federal information security standards.
8. Change Control management processes and procedures.
9. Collaboration and knowledge sharing with staff.
10. Preparation and dissemination of relevant reports, as required.
a. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Azure Cloud Platform or, Azure Administrator ANDMCSA Windows Server 2016, OR
b. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Core Infrastructure
E. DESIRED, but not required, server engineer experience and Certifications in these services:
1. Objectif Lun's Planet Press and RSA's QDirect printing solutions.
2. Drupal (Linux based) web content platform.
3. Microsoft Exchange and EMC Source One (email) and Actiance (IM) archival systems.
4. Microsoft SharePoint/Lync upgrades and migration to cloud.
5. Microsoft Project Server.
6. Microsoft SQL 2016 DBA (basic) skills.
7. Commvault backup and recovery systems.
a. MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure, OR
b. Azure Solutions Architect Expert