Genesis10 is seeking a Microsoft Cloud Security Engineer for a contract to hire position with our client in Eagan, MN. Currently remote.
The cloud security engineer will work closely with the M365 team, Security Architecture and other teams to help deploy and operate a secure cloud application infrastructure that aligns with business needs. The position is responsible for supporting operational innovation and providing documented Security Configuration Standards to elevate the company's security posture within the M365 infrastructure. Purpose:
Secure Microsoft 365 implementation for client
Value Proposition/Selling Points (Market place advantages):
Secure member data in the Microsoft 365 cloud environment Qualifications/years of experience:
1.5 years of work experience in the Information Security field, -OR- 3 years of work experience in Security Engineering, Identity Management or CyberSecurity, and 2 years of Information Technology work experience in Server Engineering, Networking, Architecture or Application Development Technology Requirements:
- Microsoft 365 cloud experience familiarity with other Security controls such as:
- a. Logging and monitoring
- Data Loss Prevention
- Shadow IT
- Configuration and System Hardening
- Vulnerability Management
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Develop, document and maintain secure cloud processes in tandem with architects and system engineers.
- Work with other Security Engineers to ensure other Security Controls such as Network Security Governance, Logging and Monitoring and Data Protection are all included in the overall M365 solution.
- Work with teams across the business as they begin to leverage M365 to understand requirements and ensure proper Security Controls are put into place.
- Collaborate with Legal, Privacy and RIM to ensure all stakeholder security requirements are met in documented Security Standards.
- Protect business applications in compliance with privacy, security, business resiliency and compliance frameworks as defined in corporate policies.
- Ensure the M365 environment configuration meets agreed-upon Security Standards by developing a secure configuration monitoring strategy. Conduct oversight of security systems and security configuration administration to reduce risk to enterprise data, systems and accounts.
- Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings, and serve as a security consultant to help guide secure application and infrastructure configurations.
- Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risk to M365.
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today! Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional incomeAbout Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"