Sierra-Cedar is seeking a Microsoft Cloud Systems Administrator to help design, build, and maintain scalable IaaS, PaaS, and Microsoft cloud-based solutions within Azure's computing infrastructure that align with business needs and enable secure and steady growth.
The cloud systems administrator will be responsible for administering, supporting, and maintaining our on-premise and Azure cloud infrastructures, Windows environments, and M365 services, including SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, Intune, Security, and Compliance. They will provide reviews of on-premise environments and work with other infrastructure team members to propose, design, plan, and execute migrations of applications and services to the cloud to meet business requirements.
This is a full time, remote position. Must be located in or near the Alpharetta, GA area.
- Collaborate with other team members and management to deliver customized and scalable software/hardware solutions.
- Install, configure and maintain server operating systems in on-premise AD and Azure AD cloud-based environments.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain Azure Cloud solutions for company applications and services.
- Support in analyzing and migrating workloads to the cloud using delivered or vendor-provided solutions.
- Monitor and manage system resources, capacity, and response times to maintain operating efficiency using Microsoft System Center SCCM, SCOM, and Azure Insights.
- Manage, support, and maintain Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Manage, support, and maintain VMWare virtual server environments.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights within Azure Active Directory and On-premise Active Directory.
- Support and administration of Azure and M365 platform services including Azure AD, Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Intune, conditional access, ADFS, and MFA.
- Monitor and implement configuration changes for DNS/DHCP, Fortigate firewalls, and F5 Load Balancers.
- Work with the Security and Compliance team to create, document, apply and monitor company standards and generally accepted security best practices across environments.
- Write or modify PowerShell scripts to automate systems administration tasks.
- Perform server installations, updates, patch management, and general maintenance during monthly maintenance windows using automated solutions.
- Provide support to the Help Desk and other technical staff regarding system administration and usage.
- Provide technical assistance and resolve issues with on-premise and cloud-based environments and services.
- Provide system availability, performance, and security compliance reports.
- Create and maintain diagrams, knowledge articles, and other technical documentation detailing system configurations, procedures, and standards.
- Proactively investigate and suggest new technologies that help with gaining efficiencies and increase ROI in new technology initiatives.
- Participate in on-call rotation and off-hour systems maintenance work as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or related technology field, or be working towards such degree. However, a solid technical background or experience may qualify as well.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant IT experience as a systems administrator managing medium to large environments, including VMWare, Exchange, PowerShell, Active Directory, and M365 (Exchange Online, MS Teams, and Azure AD)
- 2+ years Azure experience: IaaS, PaaS, networking (on-premise, cloud integration), and cloud security.
- Experience supporting database technologies (MS SQL, SSIS)
- Experience with virtualized environments, VMware, Hyper-V, containers.
- Strong collaboration, communication, time management, problem-solving and organizational skills. Proven ability to multi-task and manage projects on strict deadlines.
- Ability to carry out assigned administrative tasks with limited oversight.
- Microsoft 365 or Azure certifications.
- Experience in provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of system hardware and software and related infrastructure is required.
- Strong knowledge of Azure Active Directory, Service Principals, Identity and Access Management, and implementing security following Principle of Least Privilege.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure technologies and M365 services, including Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Power BI, Power Apps, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Microsoft Teams.
- Hands-on experience with log analytics and demonstrating knowledge in application insights
- Strong knowledge of Azure Security Center, Azure Networking, Azure IaaS, and PaaS, including Zero-trust models.
- Experience in building hybrid networks within Azure and connecting to On-Premise environments.
- Deploying Azure services using automation templates such as ARM or Terraform - implement Everything as Code.
- Familiarity and experience using Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, or other code management and versioning via GitHub, GitLab, or other code repositories.
- Advanced knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with the configuration, management, and support of Cisco switches, Fortigate firewalls, Meraki wireless access points, and F5 load balancers.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server technologies
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration and Operations Manager
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation
- Experience with VMWare virtualization technologies.
- Experience with VOIP technologies – MS Teams
- Strong knowledge of application and infrastructure security solutions, including configuration, hardening, and analysis (CIS, NIST).
- Possess knowledge of best practices to maintain information security and handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends as required for maintenance window activities and on-call rotation for 24/7 support
- Display willingness to make decisions: exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Support and explain the reasoning for decisions.
- Demonstrates leadership and fosters collaborative team approach – interacts well with front line and management, providing consultation and expert advice on systems-related topics.
- Ability to document and present information clearly and concisely to cross-operational teams and executive management.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment. Manage competing demands. Change approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to cope with and adjust for frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Sierra-Cedar delivers industry-focused client success by providing consulting, technical, and managed services to deploy, manage, and optimize next-generation applications and technology. We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), Health, Disability, and Life. Sierra-Cedar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.