Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
HII - TSD is currently seeking a Microsoft Power BI Consultant to work out of their client's Rosslyn, VA office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
* Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
* Primary focus on business intelligence and reporting technologies/methodologies
* Perform data manipulation and cleansing to prepare datasets for visualization
* Assist in the delivery of quality solutions using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) and related technologies
* Partner with OIG customers and OCIO technical team members to assist with requirements definitions, solution designs, technical architecture, and delivery.
* Work collaboratively with team members including project managers, solution architects, and business analysts.
* 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors; 3 years relevant experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
* Required Skills/Abilities:
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
* 4-6 years of progressive experience in business intelligence and/or information management
* 2+ years of experience with data visualization and implementing high-value solutions; experience performing administrative activities across multi-environment infrastructures
* 2+ years of experience working in a client-facing technical role
* Expert knowledge of data management, business intelligence and analytics concepts including: Extract, transform, load (ETL), Data warehousing, data marts, data stores, and cubes, Data quality and profiling, Data governance, data management, and metadata management and Data visualization, dashboard design / implementation, reporting, self-service BI, data KPIs, scorecards and predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analytics
* Proficiency in one or more languages like: SQL, SAS, R and Python
* Implement solutions using Microsoft Power BI tool suite and related technologies
* Proficient in the use of Data Analytics Expressions (DAX) and Power Query
* Leverage database systems including data warehouses, data marts, and models needed for business, financial, and operational analysis and/or reporting
* Develop high performing, reliable, and scalable solutions
* Clearly communicate technical details to business and management staff
* Perform data analysis which supports and enhances OIG information management systems and services
* Experience with one or more data technologies (e.g., Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, SQL Server, etc.) and a willingness to learn how to leverage these technologies to improve business intelligence
* Author and oversee design documents for approved projects
* Develop reports, dashboards & scorecards, data exploration, and visual analytics using existing and emerging technologies and tools
* Provide meaningful feedback and coaching of other team members in the use of Microsoft Power BI and related technologies
* Provide insight and recommendations on new and emerging technologies and concepts to OCIO team members
* Eager to contribute to a team-oriented environment
* Able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Security Requirements
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
* ==== or ==== and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
* Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years
* All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.