Senior Systems Administrator (Expert level 2016 Exchange experience)
- expert level 2010, 2016 Exchange experience
- Azure (Cloud)
- Powershell scripting for automation
The Senior Systems Administrator provides leadership and overall guidance for the selection, design, implementation and on-going operation in infrastructure environment and resources. The position is responsible for planning and coordinating the design, installation and operational support of infrastructure components to ensure stable operation and performance. This includes engaging with other infrastructure staff, development staff and/or consultants in developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing infrastructure systems and their associated Network and Information systems.
- Provides technical direction and support to members of the Infrastructure Platform Administration team.
- Defines technology priorities and develops long-term strategies to manage and scale the services provided by the Infrastructure Platform Administration team.
- Offers effective performance feedback regarding team member performance using mentorship, oversight and monitoring to ensure consistency, accuracy, productivity and adherence to responsiveness goals.
- Provides 24x7 on-call technical support for infrastructure related emergencies, when not in the office, and a response time of no more than four-hours to these types of events.
- Adjusts work schedule when required to support off-hours infrastructure services (e.g. month-end processing support, routine system maintenance tasks and application code deployments).
- Creates roadmaps, architectural, process and standards documents and governance documents.
- Plans and implements infrastructure systems that fulfill the mission and goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
- Allocates resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
- Develops, implements and maintains infrastructure systems configurations, procedures and associated training plans.
- Evaluates and improves the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output. Decomposes large systems into subsystems, components and service threads.
- Delivers technology proposals and recommendations that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the Systems administration operation. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Defines and reviews reports to ensure all Infrastructure services are completely and successfully delivered; proactively intervenes to correct problems when they are encountered.
- Experience: Expert knowledge and technical understanding of the design, implementation and continued operation of physical and virtual Windows Server administration/management and Platform technologies; professional certifications (Higher Education background and knowledge with 5-10 years of related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience) are advantageous and strongly desired. Advanced knowledge and experience in managing and delivering complex infrastructure projects that involve vendor(s), business users and internal IT team(s) working together collectively to deliver results. Minimum 5-7 years of experience with technologies, controls and processes; combining analysis, design, implementation and support.
- Education: Bachelor s degree preferred; a combination of additional certifications / experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Technical: Expert with technologies such as operating systems, server hardware and Back up technologies, Active Directory, VMWare; advanced ability to convey information and provide guidance to system owners and stakeholders; strong knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, inventory management, data entry and file management. Technical expertise needs to encompass, and be demonstrated across, the following technical dimensions:
- 7+ years experience of Windows Server administration/management
- 6-7 years of Exchange experience, 2010 to 2016 Migration experience will be nice to have
- 5+ years Active Directory experience (including promoting/demoting controllers, managing Active Directory DNS, FSMO roles, etc)
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, and/or equivalent certifications
- A strong understanding Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and third party tools (e.g. Solarwinds)
- High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Infrastructure operations, management and planning of business continuity
- Utilizing monitoring tools to capture and analyze traffic, maintaining uptime, generating usage reports, and spotting trends
- Supporting infrastructure environments including performing adds/moves/changes of server equipment, and ensuring that our environment stays current with product releases.
- Experience with physical and virtual severs administration, skills including security, back-up and recovery, and capacity planning.
Keywords: Microsoft Systems Engineer, Microsoft Systems Architect, Microsoft Systems Engineer, Microsoft Lead Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Systems Engineer, Exchange Expert, Windows Engineer, Microsoft Systems Admin, Microsoft Systems Administrator, Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator
Please send your MS Word Resume to email@example.com