Title: IT Support Technician ("Plant IT Support Systems Engineer" OR "Systems Administrator")
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for IT Support Technician (Network & Systems Administrator). Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
- Experience with Office automation, Windows, PC. s and Printers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task by managing multiple applications.
- Work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances considering 24x7 environment.
- Adequate experience with Microsoft Office tools -Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- Experience with Server Windows administration.
- Plant floor automation experience is highly desired. Basic understanding of Control Systems, PLC.s, etc.
- Familiar with Cisco routers -switches including basic troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams, ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience and work with all levels of management and diverse work groups.
- Bachelor - Master of Science in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or Bachelor of Arts with related fields, or other experiences in manufacturing - Information Technologies will be evaluated.
- A strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business practices is desired. Broad business and manufacturing perspective are helpful.
- Understanding of computer-based tools, SharePoint Platform, computing infrastructure and interest in processes that support manufacturing is required.
- Willingness to work in a high-pressure production support environment. As a Plant IT Analyst candidate, you will:
- Work flexible hours in support of a multi-shift operation.
- Support manufacturing operation demand by potentially working days, nights and - or weekends.
- Provide day today production technical support for Plant Floor IT systems with its integrated infrastructure.
- Perform implementation and 1st level support of mission critical plant applications.
- This includes a functional knowledge of all plant applications used by local plants (systems. training will be provided), ability to troubleshoot system issues, manage and/or configure application.
- This includes but is not limited to FIS, QLS-CM, QTS, QWX, PDS, LMA, OBL, QDAS, First Page, etc. Interact with other IT organizations such as FIS, QWX, QLS-CM, Prod Tools, SharePoint, Network Operation teams to overcome complex issues and be able to identify/prevent potential risks to our business operation.
- Handle effective communication and coordination of events during handling incidents for any major systems - network outages.
- 1 to 3+ years of experience post collegiate professional experience in a corporate/manufacturing environment.
- 1 to 3+ years of experience either professionally or in college implementing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting IT/manufacturing applications.
- Knowledge of IT manufacturing system applications and plant support. Knowledge of machine monitoring, performance and quality systems, component tracking, common plant and office network environments, engineering systems and identification systems.
- Knowledge in SharePoint platform set-up and configuration is a plus.
- General understanding of current Ford Plant Floor IT systems is a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain lessons learned and thorough records.
- Experience dealing with users having varied computer abilities/skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize workload based on its criticality.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot. Ability to think logically through problems for quick resolution to issues.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 248.712.6725. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – IT Support Technician ("Plant IT Support Systems Engineer" OR "Systems Administrator")
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.