The Tier 3 Systems Engineer, reporting to the Service Delivery Lead, is responsible for the installation, testing, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and networking systems to meet the needs of our customers. They will be responsible for managing projects from start to finish ensuring all steps are completed and deadlines are met. They will be communicating directly with customers and coordinating with fellow team members. The Tier 3 Engineer must be able to work independently, have strong organizational skills with heavy attention to detail. They will follow ITIL methodologies and processes and have a strong sense of customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Meet with IT Manager, customer, and team members to discuss needs.
· Design and build infrastructure-as-a-Service environments (i.e., Microsoft Azure, AWS), on-premise technology infrastructure and hybrid infrastructures.
· Plan and Execute workload migrations both on-premise and to cloud IaaS environments
· Lead Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Implementation
· Design, Deploy and Manage networking infrastructure, both in the cloud and on-premise. Develop new automations and procedures where applicable and document for turnover to support teams
· Conduct training sessions with Tier-1/Tier-2 Support teams to help operationalize new procedures where needed
· Work with Project Coordination team to provide timely updates and documentation of project milestones
· Identify gaps in tools, technologies and procedures and report directly to the CTO any issues
· Advanced knowledge of MS Azure including engineering and architecture experience
· Advanced knowledge of Cisco Meraki including engineering and deployment experience.
· Scripting experience with Python and/or PowerShell to help with automations
· Advanced experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Server 2012 and higher
· Experience with migrations of Office 365 and Service Workload migrations to Microsoft Azure
· Experience with ConnectWise Automate or similar RMM tool is helpful
· ITIL Experience and knowledge
· Project management experience
· Experience with Linux (RedHat/CentOS) is helpful
· Experience with Ansible is helpful