999287 Mid-Level .NET Developer Contact: If interested, please send your most up to date resume to Patricia Vargas at email@example.com Location:
Chantilly, VA Job Description
Join Apex Systems as a .NET Software Developer supporting one of our Client's financial management applications that help plan and budget resources to support our country. The program has supported their customers for over 20 years with 5 applications across 7 different clients. The team continues to develop and implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of thier customers.
This role requires strong technical skills and the ability to properly prioritize and multi-task. You must be able to work collaboratively with our project team in an Agile environment to ensure we are implementing optimal solutions for our customers. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced developer who enjoys interacting with people and has a desire to take on greater knowledge and responsibility. Your contributions will directly
impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately the client as a whole! DESCRIPTION OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the software development life cycle for each development task following the Agile Scrum methodology by brainstorming the technical approach, developing code, and unit testing according to the development schedule and team processes.
- Research and recommend technologies that improve current systems and provide vision for future technology architecture and infrastructure.
- Stays current with cutting-edge technologies to improve and modernize existing applications' functionality, performance, and UI.
- Prepare technical designs/prototypes when needed.
- Help the technical lead to in the design of optimized, scalable, and reusable solutions.
- Work closely with the functional team to determine feasibility of requirements and collaborate on design ideas and improvements.
- Participate in backlog grooming, estimation, and other Agile Scrum ceremonies.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) and at least three years of experience in Software Development.
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Team player who takes initiative and places a primary focus on the success of the team and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience working in mission critical, fast-paced environments.
- Experienced in problem solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with .NET 4.0 (or higher) Framework and MVC and C# or VB.NET.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Experience performing database administration duties.
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Bootstrap, RESTful web services, XML, Json, Angular and ORMs.
- Experience with designing and developing applications in accordance with 508 Compliance requirements.
- Experience with Entity Framework and Aspose.Total publishing components.
- Experience working with applications leveraging micro services.
- Experience with migrating applications to Azure Cloud platform.
- Security+ Certification
- Experience at helping scrum team remove impediments.
- Experience working on teams with mature unit testing and/or code peer review processes.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and build management.
- Experience interacting with customers/users
- Experience with Windows Server, IIS configuration/administration, and SQL Server (DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing).
- We are a passionate team with a family-oriented culture and a strong focus on, and dedication to, delivering quality and value for our customers.
- We provide the opportunity to work on a close knit team where your contributions will be impactful and recognized.
- Our Client has been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation s highest priorities.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.