VariQ is looking for a Mid-Level Database Security Specialist
to support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) project
. This is a potential for part time work on additional contract to make a full time position.Additional Information:
- Available: ASAP
- Location: 100% remote with occasional travel to IRS building in New Carrolton, MD
- Security Clearance: Highly preferred if person is already IRS MBI cleared.
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Assist in the configuration, operation and maintenance of the EVS database server and repository.
- Configure, operate and maintain the EVS database server and repository (MS SQL 2008, 2014 hardware both servers, Windows, SQL server, Cognos and or JSonar, and other related COTS products)
- Maintain the EVS SQL Server Configuration and Operations Guide.
- Manage MS SQL Server database and schema. This includes:
- Database Privilege management (adding, deleting and maintaining user and admin roles and accounts
- Backup management of MS SQL database(s)
- Installation and support of MS SQL database management tools
- Coordinate with IT infrastructure admin and security staff to manage server compliance requirements
- Provide knowledge transfer to IRS personnel responsible for the EVS Scanning Server and database repository.
- Support development and customers with database schema and database related tasks
- 6+ years of IT experience including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration
- Excellent skills in Installation, Configuration & Maintenance of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Experience in Database Administration and Support of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases in Production, QA and Development environments
- Experience in Administering Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server security by creating User Logins with appropriate roles, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups
- Experience in Database Update, applying Service Packs & Hot Fixes
- Experience with IBM Guardium, Database Security and FISMA required.
- BS Degree in IT related field
- Current Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database certification
- Current active Secret of higher clearance preferably issued by the IRS or DoD
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience using vulnerability tools such as Tripwire IP360, and IBM Guardium, and interpreting the results produced by the tools
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.