VariQ has an opening for a Mid-Level DevOps Engineer
supporting the Cloud Migration and O&M of the Infrastructure Protection (IP) Gateway system for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
located in Rockville, MD
. Additional Information:
- Security Clearance: DHS Public Trust
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Available: Immediate
- Develops, enhances, and maintains enterprise application software in an agile development environment
- Analyzes client requirements and designs solution using security and software best practices
- Documents software architecture and design
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Performs and automates tests for smooth deployment of software to various environments
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Participates in development of software user manuals and technical documentation
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience using DevOps technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline required.
- Working experience with Agile Practices and DevOps methodology
- Strong background in both Windows and Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience in designing and implementing automated build and CI/CD processes from development through production
- Experience in the cloud transition of legacy systems is highly desirable
- Working experience in scripting Infrastructure as Code
- Working experience in Blue-Green Deployment technique
- Working experience with GitHub
- Working experience in configuring builds on Jenkins
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef or Ansible
- Familiarity with the microservice design using containers is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Terraform is highly desirable
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Hands-on experience with scripting and markup languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, JSON, XML) and a working understanding of .Net code and packaging.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.