VariQ has an opening for a Mid-Level DevOps Engineer
supporting the Cloud Migration and O&M of the Infrastructure Protection (IP) Gateway system for Department of Homeland Security (DHS).Additional Information:
- Security Clearance: ability to attain a DHS EOD clearance required
- Available: ASAP
- Location: Rockville MD (first ~90 days) with up to 100% remote (dependent upon performance)
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Develops, enhances, and maintains an enterprise application software in an agile development environment
- Analyzes client requirements and designs solution using security and software best practices
- Documents software architecture and design
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Performs and automates tests for smooth deployment of software to various environments
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancement
- Participates in development of software user manuals and technical
- 4+ years of hands on development experience using DevOps technologies.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related discipline required.
- Working experience with Agile Practices and DevOps methodology
- Strong background in both Windows and Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience in designing and implementing automated build and CI/CD processes.
- Experience in the cloud transition of legacy systems is highly desirable
- Working experience in scripting Infrastructure as Code
- Working experience in Blue-Green Deployment technique
- Working experience with GitHub
- Working experience in configuring builds on Jenkins
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Hands-on experience with scripting and markup languages (PowerShell, bash, Python, JSON, XML) and a working understanding of .Net code and packaging.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.