VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Software Developer to perform software development in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) in 2 locations: Fair Lakes, VA or Rockville MD/remote.
* Location: Fair Lakes, VA or Rockville MD/part-time telework
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a DHS Public Trust clearance
* Available: within 30 days
* Designs, develops, tests, and debugs software in support of the next generation replacement multi-modal biometric identification system for one of the world's largest biometric identification systems, IDENT.
* The Developer will direct the creation and modification of all software ensuring proper performance and integration between internal and external system components.
* The developer shall have experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments. A familiarity with the DHS SELC or equivalent lifecycle process is desired.
* The minimal qualifications are over 2 years relevant experience in the development/modification of code and configuration changes for large scale information technology and database systems comprised of JAVA and PL/SQL programming languages.
* Experience with the following tools and technologies: Oracle database, Java (i.e. J2EE technologies including JNDI, MDB, EJB), Ruby, Python, Go, JBoss, Rules Engine, Drools, BRE, BPMN, BPEL, Git, Eclipse, Ansible, Selenium, AWS, Docker, RESTful API, Microservices, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, JIRA, and Confluence.
* Proficient in working with Linux operating system.
* Experience working in complex Java based enterprise systems. Experience with Go is required.
* Bachelor's Degree or Higher and 5 plus years of experience.
* Minimum of 2 years of software development experience with large, complex backend systems.
* Must have 2-4 years of J2EE experience.
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments.
* Experience with DHS software engineering lifecycle processes (SELC) preferred.
* Ideal candidate would have hands-on development experience and/or experience with DHS OBIM IDENT or CBP systems.
* Active DHS HQ 6C clearance (desired) or equivalent public trust clearance.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology