CGI is seeking a Full Stack Java J2EE Developer with 5+ years of relevant experience and proven development skills to solve some of the most complex and highly visible business and technology issues for our clients. A Full Stack Java J2EE Developer, an integral part of our Core Delivery team, participates in delivering a variety of software solutions in a team oriented, collaborative environment. Your future duties and responsibilities
Provide Software Engineering Development consulting services, by leading and participating in the solution development, implementation and project closeout at our client site in a suburb of Pittsburgh.
* Interact with various levels of client stakeholders and communicate project deliverables to the appropriate level (Director level and higher)
* Recommend solution approaches based on sound judgment in evaluating different/ alternative approaches
* Serve as a "Product Owner" capacity in applying broad application and system architecture and design capabilities over many technologies to implement secure, robust, transactional and service oriented architectures
* Develop technology solutions that deliver the required business value based on customer business strategy and goals
* Work in an Agile/Scrum environment, with a small to mid-size CGI and/or client staff team to develop system-related components
* Solve complex problems without introducing regressions
* Produce estimates at a system level
* Communicate effectively with clients and interact with client's Senior Management Team
* Work independently within the client's environment
*Patience and thoroughness with the complicated tech stack and development environment Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5+ years of relevant technical experience in web and/or client server J2EE application development
* Java server side development
* JSPs/Apache Tiles
* Spring MVC
* RESTful API
* IBM WebSphere
* ADA (American Disability Act)/WCAG familiarity
* Spring Framework in General
* Familiarity with Agile
A Four year Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field. Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Java Enterprise Editions JEE
* REST Webservices