Title: Mid-Level Java Developer (Backend)
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (Remote)
A leading provider of cyber threat intelligence solutions is looking for a results-oriented software developer who demonstrates the ability to develop and refine APIs. You must be a self-starter, a strong team player with at least 5+ years in increasingly challenging assignments and be capable of filling the role of team lead. Background should include design and development experience in high-volume, highly scalable, and high-availability environments.
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining products, automate processes and build and foster a culture of trust, accountability and innovation. You will be working with gritty, entrepreneurial team members that truly care about what they are working on and love the autonomy and the creativity of a lean, dynamic environment. Our teams work remotely and use the latest tools and technologies to collaborate on execution.
- Work with a small team of engineers / developers, to ensure product delivery and best practices.
- Regularly assess current API and data integration strategies and suggest improvements.
- Lead and engage in architectural reviews and peer feedback on design and code artifacts.
- Show high ownership and responsibility over individual deliverables as well as team deliverables.
- Code follows established design patterns and contains few bugs when committed.
- Designs new solutions or redesigns systems based on broader requirements.
- Empowered to resolve and design solutions around blockers and sign off on blocker resolutions.
- Mentor junior developers and ensure high grade delivery among junior developers.
- Be available to provide high-level response insight into customer issues and customer integration strategies to Sales Engineering and other direct customer facing team members.
- Adhere to quantitative benchmarks to assess individual contribution.
- Contribute to technical design documents and communication of the architectural impact across functional areas, from customer facing product, to internal only facing processes/tools.
- Develop code, contribute to refactoring activities, provide guidance on efficiency.
- Comply with coding standards and assist junior team members on compliance.
- This position will require strong teamwork and may require support of offshore teams.
- Remote work from home.
What you've got:
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer in the Java / JEE technology stack.
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL, MariaDB, and / or SQL Server.
- Must have REST API and Microservices development experience.
- Familiarity with Containers, Kafka, JSON, Python, Java and other programming languages is required. Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian tool kit is required.
- Strong Linux, Bash, Automation skills.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices.
- Strong GIT version control skills.
- Must be committed to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with users, executives and senior leaders at all levels.
- Passionate about technology.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions
- Excellent communication skills. Loves technology and can concisely explaining complex topics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with and refactoring existing code.
- Solid understanding of application vulnerabilities and security.
- Experience working in a team utilizing an agile approach.
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly analyze the most expedient method to recover business operations.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.