General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Mid-level Java Developer to analyze, design, develop, implement, and support code; working under limited supervision; performing additional duties as assigned.
* Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes enhancements to existing items.
* Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
* Resolves hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
* Participates in highly complex projects with USPS customers, managers, end-users.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is required
* 5+ years of related systems analysis experience
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
* Experience with development of J2EE Java language programs
* Experience in creating object designs
* Experience in creating object oriented J2EE compliant Java code
* Experience with the development of the following components
* Java Web Services (SOAP, REST)
* Eclipse or RAD
* Agile development environment
* Spring MVC
* JPA/Open JPA, Hibernate Framework
* JUnit (TFD/TDD)
Experience with Java development on multiple tiers and OS environments
* Experience with multi-tier application design and development
* Experience developing J2EE Java on a Windows 2008 Server environment
* Experience developing J2EE Java on a Linux environment
WebSphere Application Server (prefer version 8 or above experience), RAD/Eclipse, Windows Desktop OS
Additional Qualificiations (preferred)
* Experience and knowledge of:
* Design Pattern
Familiarity with Incident and Change Management tools such as ServiceNow
Familiarity with Agile/Scrum management tools such as VersionOne
Familiarity with Configuration Management tools such as ADMS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Department: Information Technology