VariQ is seeking a Mid-Level Linux Systems Administrator
to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. The mid-level Systems Administrator applies expert knowledge in Linux/Unix environments for infrastructure support to an advanced cybersecurity environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide administrative expertise for an RHEL environment. Mentors junior system administrators and recommends design changes to improve the system operability.Additional Information:
- Location: Dulles, VA
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Security Clearance: Must have an Active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI; Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Availability: Within 30 days
- 4-6+ years of system administration in Linux, ideally Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6 or 7 (RHEL6 / RHEL7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain complex system architectures
- Experience with Linux OS installation, security hardening, and maintenance
- Experience with administration and management of Linux servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with products such as Red Hat Satellite Server, Puppet, Chef and/or Ansible
- Ability to manage changes to the system and assesses the security impact of those changes
- Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity with configuration management
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings, and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Ansible or other comparable products
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with software development using java, RESTful services
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions
- Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets
- Experience with distributed computing environments such as Hadoop
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including a good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.